VMYIS Activities 2012
- January 3rd: at the seat of the Secretariat in Madrid, Ghislain Atmezing and Rev. Pavol Noga, CM represented the Secretariat in a meeting that evaluated the last International Gathering of Vincentian Youth.
- January 13th–15th: the councilors Ghislain Atemezing and Anh Thu represented the VMY in the International Meeting of the Vincentian Family which took place in Rome. The theme of the formation session was: Blessed Frederic Ozanam and the Social Doctrine of the Church.
- January 28-29: Bienvenu Fouda and Cleber Oliveira (volunteers at the Secretariat) participated in the 4th stage of the Missionary Formation Course of the VMY in Spain.
- February 5th: Sister Bernardita, DC, the International Delegate and Rev. Pavol, CM, Subdirector General, dialogued with the National Council of the VMY in Spain.
- February 16-19: the International Council met at the Secretariat in order to evaluate the work of the past year and plan the work for 2012.
- March 3-4: Bienvenu y Cleber (volunteers at the Secretariat) participated in the 5th stage of the Missionary Formation Course. This took place within the framework of the National Encounter for Vincentian Cooperation and Development – Vincentian Missionary Action of Spain (COVIDE-AMVE).
- February 10-11: the members of the Secretariat participated in the Encounter of Advisors of the VMY.
- In the name of the International Team, Rev. Pavol and Argelys led formation sessions for the advisors of the VMY in Guatemala and Panama.
- March 30: the members of the Secretariat and the members of the VMY at Centro Santa Isabel (Saint Elizabeth Center) gathered together in Madrid.
- April 3: a new volunteer from Nicaragua who speaks Spanish, Jorge, was welcomed at the Secretariat.
- The three volunteers and Sister Bernardita participated in the Interprovincial Youth celebration of Easter. This took place in La Mata (León). Father Pavol participated in the Rural Easter celebration which took place in Avila.
- April 14-15: Sister Bernardita and Rev. Pavol participated in the National Assembly of the VMY in Spain. The volunteers at the Secretariat participated in the Eucharist.
- April 14-15: Bienvenu and Cleber represented the VMY in the National Encounter of Pontifical Missionary Works which was held in Madrid, Spain.
- April 21-22: Bienvenu and Cleber participated in the 6th stage of the Missionary Formation Course of the VMY in Spain. They joined together with members from MISEVI in Madrid.
- May 12-13: Bienvenu and Cleber participated in the last stage of the Missionary Formation Course. During the celebration of the Eucharist a ceremony was held during which Cleber Oliveira was “sent forth” to the Vincentian mission in Mozambique (Africa).
- May 26: the members of the Secretariat participated in the National Youth Encounter that was held in Madrid. This meeting was organized by the VMY in Spain.
- June 2: the International Council held a virtual meeting through Skype in order to deal with themes concerning the life of the Association on an international level: the European Gathering, the new volunteers for the Secretariat, and the self-financing campaign. We pray that all the decisions we make might result in a better development of the VMY.
- June 16: the volunteers and Rev. Pavol met in Soria with the volunteers of the San Carlos Clinical Hospital in order to evaluate and plan the healthcare pastoral ministry of the hospital.
- June 30 – July 1: the members of the Secretariat met in Avila in order to engage in their annual evaluation.