Meeting of the VMY International Council – Jan2011
From January 6 to 9, members of the new International Council met in Madrid, initiating our first meeting with feast of Epiphany of the Lord, which reminded us our mission to bring the Gospel and beauty of the Vincentian Charisma to all nations.
During the meeting we had the opportunity:
- To evaluate the gatherings of 2010: I African Encounter, III General Assembly (Lisbon, Portugal);
- To share about the reality of the Association in different countries;
- To debate carefully about the Final Document and other suggestions received from the countries;
- To speak with Fr. Miles Heinen, CM, Director of the Vincentian Solidarity Office (VSO) about the perspectives in the self-financing of VMY International;
- To organize work of International Council and Secretariat;
- To elaborate a five-year plan of work.
The Annual Letter of President reflects on the most important points of work of the Association in the coming years.
We have also elected the motto of VMY International for 2011: Today is the day!, inspired by the hymn of the Assembly. It invites us to place now the basis for a more authentic Christian life and an Association more deeply rooted in Christ.
We concluded the meeting of the International Council with the Eucharist in the Chapel of the Provincial House of Saint Louise (Madrid) – which was celebrating its centenary – along with a large number of the Daughters of Charity. It coincided with the Feast of the Lord’s Baptism, other invitation to begin our mission as the International Council under the guidance of Holy Spirit. We remain in your prayers for our dream of serving and enthusiasms of all the collaborators of VMY in the whole world give abundant fruit in the life of the Association.